My cousin gave me a piece of candy that she got from a swap on the East Coast that I found to be absolutely intriguing. It's a chocolate novelty treat called, "Zombie Food"by Skybar. I've neither heard of the chocolate's name or whatever Skybar is and anyone that knows me knows that I love to try new foods. Another awesome thing that got me pumped to gobble this is that it's zombie-themed. Again, if you know me... You should know that I love horror movies, the zombie genre being one that is greatly appreciated. So, let's take a peek at the description. In case you can't read the contents from the picture, here it is: "Milk chocolate covered assortment of brains, feet and hearts filled with oozy red caramel."
The caramel had a soft grainy type of texture and didn't really taste like caramel. Can't explain what the caramel tasted like but I can say it did taste creamy.
How disgustingly cute does that sound??? Naturally, I needed to open this thang up. I was so excited that I decided to do a food blog critique and take pictures of my zombie food experience.
![]() |
| Nom nom nom |
The Unwrapping and Presentation:
Upon opening the package, it looks like this:
... It's a heart! I initially assumed the chocolate would be in the shape of a zombie head for some reason.
Taking a bite out of it and splitting it with a knife, the center looked like this:
It's "blood", A.K.A. red-colored caramel. Cuuuuutteeeeee. From the description, I actually thought there would be little body parts combined inside with the caramel but I'm guessing that the chocolate mold is different depending on what kind of organ you get and all are filled with the caramel.
The Taste:
The milk chocolate is not the best that I've tried. It has a bit of a waxy taste and texture to it, kind of like shortening. Despite the description on the packaging, the red caramel is not oozy. When I think of oozy caramel, I think of those World's Finest chocolate bars filled with caramel. YUM. Those are forrealz oozy. But the red caramel in this was pretty stiff and held up like toothpaste.
![]() |
| Texture and consistency of the caramel |
This treat is definitely not the tastiest thing to eat, it's less focused on the candy's quality and more focused on it being a novelty type thing to buy because it's zombie-themed. Personally, I don't care too much about a fancy looking presentation. As long as whatever I'm eating TASTES good, then I'm completely satisfied.
I can say it's fun to eat so it'd be great to give to kids. I know I probably would've gone ape for a chocolate treat like this when I was a kid. I did get a kick out of eating this as my current 20 year-old self though. It's such an adorable treat.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later on in the night, I was in a drawing mood after browsing through a bunch of art on Pinterest so I decided to whip something up and exercise my creative side. I took two photos: one without flash and one with flash. I used a blue ballpoint pen and a black Sanford T.E.C. Sharpie. Everything is freehand, except for using a pencil to get the proportions correct for her face and going over it with the ballpoint pen.
This is drawn on thick sketching paper from my small spiral sketch book that I received as a gift. This whole piece was drawn within a one hour time span. It's untitled. I wanted to focus on different patterns and details and how to go about incorporating them in one piece.
![]() |
| Without flash |
![]() |
| With flash |
Stay Klassy,
Kris






No comments:
Post a Comment