Tuesday, February 12, 2013

FORTY DAYS AND FORTY NIGHTS

Lent begins tomorrow and I was thinking about what I'd like to give/take up for the next forty days. I always love Lent, it's different experience every year. It'll be hard but I decided to take up a couple and stick to them the best that I can manage. Let's see how I hold up!

THE SACRIFICES:
  • No meat (fish is acceptable)
  • No caffeinated drinks (my beloved coffee and tea... *sob*)
  • Yoga routine everyday for forty days
It doesn't sound too bad but the first two... I consume EVERY. DAMN. DAY. I will be having caffeine withdrawals but I will soothe them with my sweet sweet yoga skills. 

The perfect Lent jingle (sing this in manner of song Last Resort):
"Meditation, no meatin', don't give a f*** if it's tea that I'm needin!" 
Papa Roach, you inspire me. Thank you, you will get me through these next forty days. And thank you Weird Al, because I imagined you approving of this jingle.

Papa Roach looking so hardcore whilst standing in front of a tranquil blue sea
I was THIS close to giving up desserts for Lent but then I remembered that Valentine's Day is rolling around the corner and I'm pretty sure I'll want to eat a lot of chocolate and sob uncontrollably enjoy a few chick flicks. So naturally, that wasn't going to be sacrificed! 

It is 11pm and I have school tomorrow but I just downed some Peet's coffee. Blueberry cocoa latte. I have been on a caffeine high while typing this whole blog. My last caffeine hurrah has resulted in shaky hands and some strange blogging material. I probably won't get to sleep in a while either. WORTH IT. 

Here's a dog showing off his sweet yoga skills. You go, dog.

Stay Kla$$y,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment