Friday, July 27, 2012

Golly

 This is great. Finally, I've created this blog that I've been thinking about having for a while. How does one start a blog? I have no idea, so I guess I'll just introduce myself. This will be weird. I'll try my hardest to not sound like I'm advertising myself on eHarmony.
My name is Kris and I'm 19 years old. I'm currently a college student that wants to be a makeup artist, but like all young folk, I'm still pretty lost and fickle. My blogspot name is "kriskerfuffle" because:
1) Ma name is Kris. WHAT UP.
2) I first heard the word "kerfuffle" from my politics professor last semester, and he's an extremely sophisticated dude. So naturally, the way he used it was super sophisticated(of course). I immediately scribbled the word down on my notebook and looked up the definition. Dictionary.com definition:

kerfuffle carfuffle or kurfuffle  (kəˈfʌf ə l) 
— n

1. informal chiefly  ( Brit commotion; disorder; agitation


Awesome word, awesome definition. And it starts with a "K." A very minuscule characteristic to some, but not for me, who's name starts with a "K." Not many cool words start with the letter "K," I learned this in elementary school when we had to do this horrible ice breaker. We had to go around the room introducing our names with an alliterating word that supposedly described us. So there were lots of easy ones like "Amazing Alex" and "Beautiful Britney." But it was horrible for me, especially if there was another "K" in the class because that means that they'd get to an obvious "K" word first. The only one I could think of at the time was the word "kind." I even resorted to using "crazy" with a "K" because a young girl like me couldn't think of anymore "K" words. Yep, it was a difficult childhood... Just kidding. But talk about first world problems!
ANYWAY. This word will pretty much define my blog. My blog isn't going to be anything specific. It's not going to be a knitting blog, a movie blog,  food blog, or a beauty blog... It's going to be ALL OF THOSE THINGS and more. Hopefully. So if you like what you're reading, I hope you can follow along. That'd be great.

Stay "K"lassy,
Kris

P.S. And my title! My title is a reference to the movie Good Will Hunting. I just watched that movie a couple of weeks ago and LOVED IT. It's now one of my favorite movies, seriously. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, you guys are not human. Here is the quote from GWH... Enjoy.



Skylar: Maybe we could go out for coffee sometime? 
 Will: Great, or maybe we could go somewhere and just eat a bunch of caramels. 
 Skylar: What? 
 Will: When you think about it, it's just as arbitrary as drinking coffee. 
 Skylar: [laughs] Okay, sounds good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment